Monday, April 21, 2008

Tolerant, Peaceful, Accepting Potheads on display at Lagniappe's Lair

Reading up on the events at Lagniappe's Lair today, as I am wont to do when I have a few spare minutes, and I landed in the middle of a hornets nest. It seems the Keeper of the Lair has blogged critically about the pot-fest held recently in Boulder, CO, and is being lambasted by the potheads. He seems to be holding his own, however!

Reading through the 51 replies, I couldn't help laughing at them, but I was also struck by how intolerant and bigoted they were of The Keepers opinion. I mean, for those who just want people to tolerate their habit and not look down on them for it, they sure don't practice what they preach. One even commented on how much money he makes and how much better of a person that makes him than The Keeper. (I expected him to give the length in millimeters [since he was in China] and compare it to The Keeper as well) I guess it's too much to expect that those on the left who call conservatives by names like haters, bigots, and [insert aberrant behavior here]-ophobes would show us by their own actions the level of tolerance and acceptance they think we should have, so we conservatives might learn by their example. Alas, there seems to be no more character on the left than they think is on the right.

Personally, I am probably more lax on this particular subject than The Keeper. I prefer social scorn and disassociation to the big government solution to this problem. Of course, that presupposes a common moral framework in society which, unfortunately, doesn't exist like it used to, when alcoholics and drug abusers were ostracized from polite society and confined themselves to the seedier parts of towns. But, since we will not control ourselves, government will step in to fill the void.

So thank-you potheads for showing us your true selves. Not that we didn't know already. And thanks to The Keeper for poking a stick into the nest and stirring them up so we could see them.

5 comments:

Murphy's Law said...

Now you've done it. They'll be over here next. Got yer flyswatter handy? ;-)

Anonymous said...

oh my god, i wonder who reads this shit.

THANKS FOR THE INSIGHTFUL WONDERFUL BLOG THAT HAS GIVEN ME SO MUCH INSIGHT INTO YOUR, AND MY OWN LIFE. YOU HAVE HELPED ME FIND THE STRENGTH TO BETTER MYSELF AS A PERSON

Anonymous said...

ps read genesis book 1 versus 28 and 29

Scott said...

I figure I'm just getting the overflow from you, Keeper! This "anonymous" guy keeps popping up all over the place, though. Wonder where he's from? (as if I didn't know)

Murphy's Law said...

He's obviously one of those geniuses with the 4.0 GPA and a job at NASA--that's what they keep claiming on my blog.

Of course that would explain all of the screw-ups there, from Mars landers crashing to shuttles blowing up.

Oh--and tag--you're it.