Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Appleseed

For two years I have wanted to do one of these with my kids, and now we have had one dropped in our back yard, almost literally - the club that is hosting it is a ten-minute drive from our house!

What is an Appleseed, you ask?  Some sort of organic fruit growers convention?  A cider-guzzling contest?  No, my friends - it's shooting!  And we are going to hone our marksmanship skills while learning the true story of the start of the American War for Independence.  Two days and 500 rounds worth of firearms fun.  I'll try to get pictures and post an AAR next week.  For now, it's time to get our Liberty Training Rifles cleaned and ready!

If you want more info on Appleseed, go here:  Appleseed

Just a plug - my Club in Eaton Rapids is also holding one this weekend (8/18, 19), but as of yesterday had no enrollees.  If you have an interest and Eaton Rapids is close, sign up!  I don't think it will be crowded.

No comments: