Friday, March 27, 2015

Proposal 1 Will Cost Average Michigan Household Up to $525 a Year in Extra Taxes

From the Michigan Capital Confidential:  (full article by Tom Gantert)

The average household in Michigan will pay as much as $525 more in taxes in 2016 if Proposal 1 is approved by voters on May 5, according to a study by the Mackinac Center for Public Policy.
The study estimated that increasing the sales tax from 6 percent to 7 percent would cost a typical Michigan household $389 and the change in the fuel tax would cost between $88 and $136.
I'm a pretty typical Michigan household (family of 4), and I know I could use $525 in better ways than these blundering politicians can.  I have a kid going to college next year, and that would buy a lot of books for her, for instance.

No, I'll say it again:  The State needs to get its own financial house in order before it comes knocking at my door for more money to feed boondoggles and the failing public education system.

VOTE NO ON PROPOSAL 1

No comments: