Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Detroit Lions Football 2008

Putting my sports blogger hat back on to comment on the Detroit Lions. I have been a Lions fan through thick and thin for at least 35 years, and I can't remember when I have been more disgusted by a team than this years version. I didn't expect a Super Bowl, or even playoffs this year, but I expected more than the pathetic effort displayed last Sunday in the season opener, especially after the supposed deadwood had been cleared from the mess Rod Marinelli inherited. I completely understand the anger and disgust being displayed by the fans, especially the longtime season ticket holders who have given up their tickets because they are fed up with the bad football they get to watch year after pathetic year.

Then, to hear the players say "we're not this bad, we can get this fixed" - boys, please...don't give us mindless optimism - GO OUT AND PLAY THE D**N GAME LIKE YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO. EARN YOUR D**N MONEY THAT YOU ARE EARNING GREAT HEAPING GOBS OF (MR. COREY REDDING). You lost to a rookie QB playing behind an inexperienced line and on a team that was 4-12 last year and is in rebuilding mode. You should have wiped the field with these guys!

So don't give us platitudes. Give us game. Give us something worth watching. Because none of us believe in now, and we don't believe in you either.

No comments: