Monday, February 02, 2015

Snowstorm!

We have had our first big snowstorm of the year since yesterday morning, which has dumped about a foot here.  I blew 8 inches out of my driveway last night, and another 4 inches this morning.  Fortunately, I had enough gas to mix up a batch for my snowblower so I'm set for this one and probably the next one too!

My daughter got her first experience driving in a big snow dump, and got stuck before she went 50 feet!  We dug her out and got her going again (with an assist from a neighbor and her snowblower.  She apparently made it to work, as I didn't get any other help calls from her - probably the main roads had been plowed by the time she left at 10:00.

There is enough firewood inside to last through the day, but I'll have to shovel a path to the woodpile to bring in more.  I do love my woodstove!

Now I know that anyone from the UP or Wisconsin or Minnesota would probably laugh at a 12-inch snowfall, but here in central Michigan, that's a lot.  School closings, snow emergency declarations, cancelled events - everything. 

No comments: