Thursday, December 28, 2006

Springfield XD45 Compact

Just to get off the political stuff for a while, I thought I would mention that Springfield has come out with the carry pistol I want (yes, there are some good things about Michigan - like "shall issue" CCW). It is the XD45 Compact.



The big problem with concealed carry is the "concealed" part. I like to carry inside-the-waistband (IWB), so what I have to conceal is the grip. The XD45C takes the standard 4-inch service model and shortens the grip. The standard capacity for this pistol is 10+1, but it will also take the full-sized magazine with a spacer. So you carry the gun with the 10-rounder and have a 13 rounder as a backup, total 24 rounds. Right now, with my 1911 I have to carry 2 extra mags, which gives me 25 rounds (8+1+8+8).



I have about 2000 rounds of experience with the XD, in 9mm and .40 S and I really liked the gun. It was dead reliable and felt good in my hand. I'm a .45 guy though, so when Springfield brought out the XD45 I was really excited!



So now, it's "save your pennies" mode for me - I really want that XD.







powered by performancing firefox

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I own the XD 45 Compact and have no issues with concealed carry with a Comp-Tac Minotaur IWB , My step son who is a small framed guy can easily hide it with a tee shirt with no printing.